Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

I love Easter, spring and new beginnings.

I love to see the buds on the trees and the signs of flowers blooming.

When I was a little girl my mom always made my sister and I a new dress and we got new white Sunday shoes to wear. I always felt pretty on Easter morning. When my own children were little I would try to make all 3 girls matching dresses and my young sons ties or vests to coordinate.

I love being able to go without a jacket, to
kick off my shoes and enjoy the warmth of the sun on my face. I guess that is my California upbringing.

Most of all I am thankful for the opportunity to begin again that this time of year reminds me of. When I have made a mistake I have the privilege of saying I am sorry and trying again. Death visits every door step at one time or another, yet it's sting is softened by the knowledge that life does not end with this earthly life--in time I will be surrounded again by all those that I love.


Easter morning dawns bright and warm in my heart no matter what the weather man says.

No comments:

Post a Comment