Friday, April 16, 2010

Holiday Cheer

When I was a young mother I had a poem posted on my wall. It said:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But, babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So, quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Does that same thought process work with grandbabies?? Lately I have felt like a college student. I have spent the weekdays with my daughter in Charlotte helping take care of her and her household. On Friday afternoon or Saturday morning I would drive the 3 hours home. I would do the laundry, eat some food, visit with my "boyfriend" then head back to Charlotte again on Sunday night or Monday morning.

My daughter is finally feeling a little bit better--not 100% yet, but good enough that I stayed home this week. I look around my house and am overwhelmed by the mountain of work to do. I realized after looking in the laundry room and finding the Christmas wreaths sitting there that I have been gone since Christmas--January 8th is when Cara and her honey were leaving for a long awaited trip and I assumed leadership of the 2 munchkins. I have either had her children at my house, her house, or my foot up in the air for 4 months now--hence Christmas decos that still need attention. If I leave them out maybe I can get a jump start on this years holiday joy.

I think it is time to find that poem again and post it on the front door as a warning to all who enter. Grandbabies seem to grow up faster than my own sweet little ones did and when I am given the opportunity to rock and love them, I know to take it.

In the meantime, I've got a jump start on this next years holiday cheer!!

2 comments:

  1. I still have Christmas lights on my front window...they're white, with white wire, so hopefully no one will notice.

    Thank you so much for all that you've done for us!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete