Monday, March 29, 2010

A Mothers Love

Years ago I was very sick so the doctor put me in the hospital. My parents were supposed to come visit me and my family but mom thought it would be too difficult since I was in the hospital. I had 6 small children from 3 to 13 years of age. I remember lying in the hospital, half out of it, worrying about my family and hoping the doctors would figure out what was wrong with me so I could go home. All of a sudden the door to my room opened and in walked my mom and dad. I had this overwhelming feeling of--"it's okay, I can be sick now, Mom is here, she will take care of everything".

I have learned over the years that even though you may at times think your mom is crazy or out of it and does not have a clue, there is no one who can replace your very own mother. The Lord sends the right children to the best mother for each child. Together you will have opportunities to grow and learn. No one will love you more or understand you better than your mother. Nobody prays for your success more than your mother.

As I have aged I realize that the conflicts I had with my mom were times when I pushed harder than I should or when I did not realize what was at stake. I am thankful for my mothers unconditional love and encouragement. I am thankful that even though I was often ugly towards her she never gave up on me.

Part of a mother's privilege is to love and care for her children whether they are babies, teenagers or parents themselves.

I am thankful for a loving mother.

I am thankful for the privilege of being a mother.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are sweet and lovely - just like you.

    ReplyDelete