Wednesday, March 3, 2010

GRATITUDE

Gratitude is an attitude--a way of perceiving life.

Have you ever thought to keep a gratitude journal?? Take a book and record each day or several times a week the blessings you have felt or experienced, such as good health, lessons learned, or positive experiences. Record your thoughts or feelings about them. Force yourself to be positive and look at the glass as half full. By doing this you will encourage yourself to relive the experience and savor those happy thoughts.

I remember at an especially low time I was so down. I decided to keep a happiness or gratitude journal to help me through. I remember walking around the lake one day crying and then I saw a squirrel jumping and squawking and running around. Then I noticed the birds singing and the sun peaking out from behind the clouds. All of a sudden I realized that all was not lost. Life was good and I would make it through. As I recorded it all in my journal I could feel the lightening of my spirits again.

Sometimes it is hard to be grateful--My daughter is finally pregnant--it has been a long hard journey to get to--but, happily, she is pregnant. Unfortunately she has a condition this pregnancy that has her bed bound at the moment. She is hooked up to an IV--when they can find a vein that works. She has a pump with medicine poked into her belly. She is so weak that it is a chore to talk, yet she smiles--a baby is on the way and for that we are most grateful.

Yes, I have learned

Gratitude is an Attitude

1 comment:

  1. How can you not get excited...it's a BABY!!! YAAY!

    ReplyDelete