Friday, March 19, 2010

JOY

This is a thought from last Sunday's lesson that has been rolling around in my brain all week:

...men are, that they might have joy

We have the opportunity to make so many choices every day--is joy one of them??

In any given situation what will I choose??

I guess part of the choice process is figuring out what joy is. Is it an easy path?? Is it sun shiny days every day?? Is it having surplus money or an excess of food?? Does it come from a bigger house?? Having more time?? A newer car??

While some of these items may make the road less bumpy at times, there are those who have lived without running water or air conditioning, eating only the food they grew in the dirt and walked every where they went, who were quite joyful.

How can I follow the counsel given to us in 2Nephi 2:25?? How do I recognize joy??

Does it come in a child's smile? A spoken thank you? A gentle touch?? A beautiful flower??

I think it comes from deep down inside of each of us. Just like making good choices helps us to continue to make good choices, choosing joy--and recognizing the feeling--helps us choose joy over despair as we continue to recognize joy in our lives.

...men are, that they might have joy

I want to choose joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment