Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PLEASE

I have taught small children in my home for 36 years--either my own, doing day care or my in home preschool. I loved it. The little ones are so much fun to take care of. It is true that for mom it can be exasperating when you need to get going and they have their shoes on the wrong feet, they refuse to put on their coats and insist on buckling their seat belts by themselves.

Christopher was a sweet boy--He wanted something one day but forgot to say please as he was asking. I gently tried to remind him by saying I couldn't hear what he was saying --I often told the children that saying "please" was they way to open my ears so I could hear what they were saying. Well this time Christopher couldn't figure out the prompt and asked again using the same words only louder. When I cupped my ear and looked quizzingly at him he asked even louder!! Finally he was shouting at me and I was laughing because it was so comical.

How often do we remember that simple word that opens the ears of those that we come in contact with??

Today's power word is PLEASE

I hope it opens the ears of those around you, both young and old and helps today be a joyful day

No comments:

Post a Comment